HybridZ

Damsel & Her 280zx in Distress!

McKaleJ

I guess it all depends on whether you want fuel economy or not. SBC's are sooo readily available. My friends keep bugging me to throw a 350 in my datsun, but I try to keep mileage and power both in mind... plus sbcs don't like snow and rain.

I'm staying with my L28ET because I can still get like 28mpg with like 300 horse, and drive it in snow and rain.. * I know, my poor baby.. lol *

An LS1 should be able to match that +. I don't understand the rain and snow comment either.

Whats up people! Im here in WA too. If you are looking for turbo eng,..pm me. I'll admit that if i had an n/a eng...i'd deff upgrade to the turbo. Im in the military so im gone a lot but ill be back on the 11th of march. So if u are intrested hit me up. Good luck with your build!!!

I'm staying with my L28ET because I can still get like 28mpg with like 300 horse, and drive it in snow and rain.. * I know, my poor baby.. lol *

Hahaha DITTO. I guess that about puts it into perspective for me then since Im going to be driving my car in those conditions as well (Thanks WA for the crappy weather!).

swap in a turbo, get an intercooler, new fuel/intake/exhaust system.

Okay, so Im fully convinced now that L28ET is the way to go with some additions of course. :) Thank you guys so much, I hope none of you mind if I email you or add you as friends so I can shoot more questions at you later!

An LS1 should be able to match that +. I don't understand the rain and snow comment either.

You are right, an LS1 Can match.. or come pretty close, to a L28ET.. BUT.. I don't think ( correct me if I am wrong ) she wants to spend like 4k on Just a motor. ( stock or kinda modified, unless you find one in a JY, and if you do.. I ENVY you. )

Not trying to argue.. but have you driven a small car with a SBC in a blizzard? Or during horrible rain/snow in traffic? Or with 50 mph winds on snow covered roads? I'm not gonna lie, I am a pretty **** good driver in snow. I have driven sbc trucks and stuff in it.. but a car is WAY different. I'd love to have an SBC for a fun weekend car.. not a daily driver, no waaay.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve-

Hahaha naw BSD, I definitely DONT want to spend $4k on just the engine.

Okay, I get back from Spain in 3 weeks!! Ill be keeping you all updated with pictures & info aaaand probably asking questions along the way! :)

Much love my Z friends! And thanks again.

i have this strange feeling like ive spent some time in the little red s130 in question here...

i have a turbo swapped s130 in the garage now getting its latest round of work done;

got the motor fully rebuilt, megasquirtII, EDIS-6, full new harness to match, wideband, intercooled, 3" exhaust, 9lb flywheel, walbro 255, adj fpr, fuel rail/lines, tokicos, coilovers, FENDER MIRRORS (YEAH), HIDs...and tons more junk.. really just need big turbo and injectors bolted on to make some nice power...

if i werent so lazy itd be done already, but i was just recently told about this meet at golden gardens on the 29th so im gonna get this thing buttoned up, at least enough to limp down there..

also, there was an l28et on CL for $350 a few days ago in tacoma, there is a "full swap" listed for $750 up here in the EVT but that includes the supersweet auto tranny (which i assume you wouldnt want).. and i got a ton of extra parts that i guess i could probably spare, a full extra megasquirt setup and f54/P90 motor and etc...

but i digress,

if you would have me, i would be obliged to offer my assistance. or at least let you play with mine. so you can try before you buy, if you will.

at least something to think about.

-brian