HybridZ

700r4 and 3000 stall

z ya

I am planning on replacing my 2000 stall with a higher 3000 stall converter to match my cam specs.

I was talking to the tech guys at Hughes Performace and he seems to think that I should go with the 3000 non lock converter. I was worried about highway use since on the freeway I am at about 2400 rpm. He said that I should be fine. He said that at low throttle the tranny will not stall much and the tranny wont slip much more than what I already have in it. My current tranny is a TPI unit that is non lock up. Cant I get the lock up converter and buy the easy lock up kits they sell in Summit and Jegs? Or should I just leave it alone and keep it non lock up. I have a large tranny cooler in it now that also runs through the radiator. Thanks

Well this has me curious as to how my stall convertor will work out. It's yet to be proven as the car isnt quite ready to drive yet. I have a Xtreme energy 268 hyd cam and the stall is 2000-2200 I was told by tranny builder. Its a rebuilt Corvette convertor. He says it should stall at atleast 2000rpm behind my 400 horse 355.

Zya, what was your issue with your current convertor? Did it require a high idle rpm? Pull through the brakes at stoplights? Just curious.

Jason

Jason , you hit the nail on the head with your reply. Also, I really want this car to leave HARD and with a 286/490 cam and a 2000 stall I know that I am not optimzed. I am shooting for 1.6 60 foots so I can destroy Zo6's and Vipers off the line!