HybridZ

1.25mm 90mm+ bore gasket?

attworth

I tried calling Courtesy Nissan about two weeks ago and they told me they have been sold out of both for quite some time now. I even tried giving my local Nissan dealership the part numbers that they use and that are in the back of the How to Modify your N/D OHC Engine book, but no dice there either.

I tried calling Courtesy Nissan about two weeks ago and they told me they have been sold out of both for quite some time now. I even tried giving my local Nissan dealership the part numbers that they use and that are in the back of the How to Modify your N/D OHC Engine book, but no dice there either.

I checked my local dealer as well a while back and got the same answer. Courtesy Parts lists it on their site as "Expected to ship from warehouse." Which means "may or may not be available shipped from Japan."

Well when I bought mine off of their website it never said sold out. I was on a time limit, so when I received the email saying its sold out but will have a shipment in soon I was freaking out. However, they received their shipment like a week later, since there is a Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, Texas it took a day to ship and I had it. It was a Nismo metal headgasket I do believe, 90mm bores. On their site they should have both 1mm and 2mm thickness with 90mm and 91mm bores, whether they're out of stock or if its Nismo or not I don't know.

Well when I bought mine off of their website it never said sold out. I was on a time limit, so when I received the email saying its sold out but will have a shipment in soon I was freaking out. However, they received their shipment like a week later, since there is a Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, Texas it took a day to ship and I had it. It was a Nismo metal headgasket I do believe, 90mm bores. On their site they should have both 1mm and 2mm thickness with 90mm and 91mm bores, whether they're out of stock or if its Nismo or not I don't know.

Nismo headgaskets are made by HKS, and that is indeed what Courtesy sells as far as 1/2mm metal headgaskets.

How long ago did you order yours?

2008 Summer when I did my stroker. I think they had a typo because when I did my build I remember planning on a 10's:1 compression ratio however I went back one day a couple months ago to mess around and I couldn't remember what thickness my headgasket was. I remembered it was less than 1mm but then I was like wait... less than 1mm is like thinner than paper really... So I think I found the bookmark for it here, although I'm not to confident that this headgasket that I'm using is REALLY .6mm. Yah know? I didn't know they did .5mm headgaskets, perhaps I DO have the proper one. Hell, if they do make smaller than 1mm then I'm relaly happy for having the proper compression! :D

140w4yf.jpg