HybridZ

ME's, where do you work, what do you do?

Challenger

Wow, no wonder how you guys can afford to work on Z's...lol

I've been working at Metropolis Fremantle, the biggest nightclub venue in my state for the past 2 years now and which I am still proudly working at.

I was also working as a Supervisor at Timezone Fremantle, a branch of the internationally renown entertainment arcade corporation. Though I resigned numerous months ago due to anger management issues, good times haha.

Having worked through that, now looking for something during the week, start to get the ball rolling again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

240Hoke is exactly right about the math. Some of you more hands-on types might get by with a few handbooks and practical know-how, but the other side of engineering is the fundamental sciences, and that is all highly mathematical – even with today’s computational resources.

I do engineering-research (aerospace) for the federal government. There is a lot of overhead, euphemistically called “program managementâ€, but the fun part is that I essentially have my own lab – a “water tunnel†where I run various experiments. After many years of graduate school, I still often feel like I’m in school, because the daily work is very academically-oriented. Depending on how the various career threads spin, eventually I might look for a professorship somewhere – if I can get tenure without having to struggle for it!

Public-sector vs. private-sector employment is its own debate – many pros and cons. But in this economy, a public-sector job trumps the many indignities of working for “the manâ€.