HybridZ

Injector Size/Impedance for 300hp L28ET

jacob80

Hey guys, I've skimmed through the injector thread but cannot seem to find a high impedence barb style 440cc injector. We have a Pallnet barb style fuel rail. I'm assuming 440cc injectors will be fine with the stock turbo if we're looking for a little under 300whp. These won't be overkill, will they? And as fasr as the high impedence factor, should we use these or run resistors in the wiring with low impedence injectors (we will be using megasquirt 029y4 pcb 3.0 if this iinformation is relevant). Thanks again guys

Should use low impedance injectors.

A turbo engine has a wide range of fuel delivery needs. (very little at idle and a lot at boost)

So, you need to use an injector that has good control over it's entire duty cycle. And low impedance injectors have much better control at low duty cycles as compared to high impedance.

high impedance works fine for non-turbo application, but you will have idle issues on a L28 if you use 440cc high impedance injectors.

yes, 440cc is enough to make a 300 rwhp L28.

Alright so here is what I have learned. First, use low impedence injectors and wire them without the resistors initially, and use the PWM. I have decided on 1988 Ford Thunderbird Sport Injectors, which are low impedence 370cc barb style injectors. Does this sound correct? We are using the stock intake manifold with pallnet fuel rail and stock brackets to hold the injectors in. Will a Walbro 255lph pump be fine for this application?

We actually just acquired a pallnet barb style fuel rail, so barb is the way we're going to go. We are going to use the 1988 Ford Thunderbird 370cc injectors (barb style) with a Walbro 255lph pump with the stock 240z tank and lines (someone in my other thread siad they run this setup fine) and hope to install a surge tank later. Give me your input, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...