HybridZ

Just bought RB Mag in Manila - 245 Tyres what brand?

Mike Rowe

Hi guys sorry to be excited but I just bought 4 new Rota RB Mags 16x8 here in Manila for Aust $754 or US $519. This is almost A$500 saving for the 4 wheels which is great provided I can get them into Aussie without them being stolen, taxed or additional freight charged - I believe I have all that covered, fingers crossed.

Now can I ask what 245 tyres people have used? I did a search but didnt find much on here.

A quick check on the web for Aust does not bring up a lot of 245 x 16 brands. I want the stickiest street tyres I can get or road legal race tyres - I have Toyo Proxes RA 1 tyres on my 240Z which work well on the track, but was looking for something a bit more all round if possible - there is a new Toyo Proxes R1R but only listed to 225 for 16's. Toyo Proxes T1R has 245 - anyone used these?

Toyo Proxes TQ street drag tyre in 255 50 16 - anyone used these?

Advan dont seem to have anything in this size?

Other recommendations?

RB Mag specs_thumb.jpg

Rota RB 16x8 Mag_thumb.jpg

I've only ever posted in here so I suppose I'm a bit stuck! How do I move it, or do I just copy it and start a thread in there?

Tyres at home are all usual makes but the 16 size in 245 doesnt seem to be very available.

I thought guys on this forum with the turbo power would probably have explored this, but maybe they go for bigger diameter rims?

regards

Yes, that's the only place where you can buy them. It's kinda ironic, they're not locally distributed. Congratulations on your purchase.. Love the RB!

Hmm, P25,000? I think it's about time I pay them a visit. hehe

They started at 27000php so do you think I did ok at 25000?!

regards

I have the T1R's in 18". Fronts are 225's, Rears 245's. They have a lot of stick for a street tire, and seem to be holding up pretty well. And they are much quieter on the interstates than my old tires. So I am pretty happy with them.

Mike

They started at 27000php so do you think I did ok at 25000?!

regards

Yup. Since they're not locally distributed (the offset), its considered as a custom order. I've heard guys pay more than that for a custom order... And also heard others weren't even given a chance hehe.

hi mike,

i will be running a set of MT Street ET's in 15x235,they do 245's in 16" i think

a lot of guys recommend the Nittos and say they are better,but as usual...i got mine for the right price

the toyo proxy ra-1 use the same rubber as the nitto drag extremes but will be a lot cheaper i reckon......they would be my ideal choice

paul