HybridZ

New toy *warning to 56k users*

SonOfZZZap

Carbine = short rifle, or something with a stock that fires a pistol caliber

Clip = Device to load a magazine (either fixed or detachable)

Magazine = what actually feeds cartridges into the firing chamber of a gun

A GSG-5 is NOT a machine gun, as it will only fire one round with a single pull of the trigger (it also isn't a knockoff of the mp5, it just looks the same)

Aux, I would argue that a MG does not necessarily denote the inability to fire single rounds. Group Therapy mode is needed, but I'm sure you wouldn't call the HK-21 *not* a machine gun, just because it has single shot capability.

That is a fine looking weapon.. :)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=125599624

There are quite a few "kits" available for the 10/22 that simulate other guns. Above is a pretty cool one but it costs more than your gsg. They sell a bullpup stock for a little more than $100, pretty economical to get a cool looking 22.

MWGMZ0022.jpg

This is what Id buy for the 10/22. I just saw a $97 price tag for one of these. Too bad I got rid of my 22 and im left handed... (shells would hit me in the face)

Yeah that other kit is interesting but very expensive, Id probably just get the gsg if it came down to one or the other. As you mentioned I bet you could convince some guy that your cough**10/22**cough is actually a military spec m-54/gt7aa Navy Seal's Edition and sell it for 3 grand. :)

Aux, I would argue that a MG does not necessarily denote the inability to fire single rounds. Group Therapy mode is needed, but I'm sure you wouldn't call the HK-21 *not* a machine gun, just because it has single shot capability.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but it's the origin of the term. Just like the true definition of a sports car is a light weight convertable coupe with decent handling that's not necessarily fast. so in reality, a 240z wouldn't qualify as a 'sports car' by its true definition.

Machine guns originally didn't have single fire capabilities. They were also not very portable. the russian stuff stamped out in ww2 didn't have single fire.

Just a correction.. That is an M16 pictured, known by the BATF as a machine gun, you can see the sear pin on the lower receiver. It also has a short barrel, which is okay on an M16. You can also have an AR15 registered as an SBR (barrel under 16") such as the one I have.

AR15 (rifle, not machine gun) with a drum

adcolt.jpg

Here's my 9MM AR15 SBR with suppressor.

9smg002.jpg

I built mine with RRA upper,9mm marked lower, mag block. YHM rear sight, and YHM 9MM XL suppressor and KNS anti-rotation pins.

I'd like to think I saved money, but if I add it all up, really I don't know.

I'm at over 2000 easily into this particular AR.

I figured so, also good choice with the 9mm lower the way ammo is at the moment. I had a chance to get a colt AR for 1k it wasnt full size but had the collapsable stock and a couple of mags, also was standard .223. I may look into it still, though Beretta has a nice 9mm tactical carbine out called the CX4 Storm and at about an $800 price tag it would be a good buy.

CX4A.JPG

It shares Beretta pistol mags.