HybridZ

Brake Problems!!!!!!

I am getting ready to put a bullet in her!!! I have a new booster new calipers new pads new drums,shoes, springs, etc etc. my pedal feels pretty solid and then it just drops.

I have bled the system 4 time now and always ends up the same. front brakes have awesome power, the rear wont start to stop unti the pedal is almost to the floor. and the pedal feel is awesome but then it clunks and hits bottom sometimes.

1973 240Z

what is the correct position for the booster adjustment? i have no idea on the measurements.

PLEASE HELLLLP!!

I replaced all the vacuum lines from the manifold to the booster. I have gone through 3/4 bottle of brake fluid through this painfully long process. I forgot to mention that I also upgraded the front calipers to the 4 piston toyota calipers non vented. will i need a brake proportioning valve to make this thing feel right?

I am going ot take another stab at it as soon as the sun is behind my house and not directly over my Z frying my sorry ass all day.

No sign of leakage from anywhere that I can see. here are my symptoms as of today's brake session.

Front brakes are awesome!!! lots of fluid flowing through the bleeder with lots of force.

the rear brakes are weak. pedal has to be at the floor before they grab, they are grabbing but the fronts are grabbing stronger and a lot sooner. the fluid dribbles out of the bleeders at the wheel cylinders and from the MC not strong flow like the fronts.

another quick question which direction should the check valve face? the intake or the booster?? removed it and have no idea. its just sitting there now because i figure if I put it back in wrong it can keep me going in these circles.

Ronnie

thanks for the links KenshinX. some good reading and some really good info on setups and recommended parts. I am going to try the 79-81 MC tomorrow!! right now the pedal throw is really far and that is one of the problems jmortesen mentioned about the 4 piston caliper upgrade.

thanks for the links KenshinX. some good reading and some really good info on setups and recommended parts. I am going to try the 79-81 MC tomorrow!! right now the pedal throw is really far and that is one of the problems jmortesen mentioned about the 4 piston caliper upgrade.

No problem, I might also suggest that if you decide on a rebuilt MC and it doesn't work out that you try a brand new one. Maybe pricey but it will save headaches. I myself have not had a good experience with the rebuilt ones. I cannot vouch for everyone but keep that in mind.