HybridZ

Craislist find.... WRONG

AK-Z

I don't think its from a turbo. It looks different from what my haynes manual shows. But haynes manuals are hit or miss with some of the things they put in it :P

IIRC nissan never made a manual transmission that had a bell housing detachable from the front tranny case. Can someone prove me wrong? (I'm really asking :P)

• Administrators

Email sent...

STOCK T-5 FOR NISSAN 280Z WORKS GREAT also Taihuan does not know Nissans he drives a Daewoo legonza retard model

THIS IS A LATE MODEL TRANS 83-84

You,

1978 was the last year for a 280z. 1983 was the last year for a 280zx. 1984 was the first year for a 300zx. You declare all three. Which is it?

Who is Taihuan?

Me

Looks like I win! So does this mean I win a GT45 turbo bought with HybridZ donations?

I want one too lol.

I don't think there is anyone want to buy a tranny for a 280zx in alaska anytime soon. They all just do sbc swaps :P

IIRC Nissan never made a manual transmission that had a bell housing detachable from the front tranny case. Can someone prove me wrong? (I'm really asking :P)

Sure they did, the early A type 4 speeds and the early A type 5 speeds that were never equipped to U.S. cars as standard equipment, only overseas and home market cars.

Do I get a prize too?

Sure they did, the early A type 4 speeds and the early A type 5 speeds that were never equipped to U.S. cars as standard equipment, only overseas and home market cars.

Do I get a prize too?

Ok.

Nope. I'm going with a CA20E transmission from a s12 silvia 200sx. Almost the same gearing as the L28 but with a taller 5 gear.

There is a guy up here with a L28 maxima and wants to do a 5 speed swap eventually. Since I'm not going to be rocking the L28 anymore, I'd figure that I would trade him some parts. BTW the guy doesn't want the car to be performance oriented, and the engine in the 200sx is blown. If it wasn't for that, I would of just done a CA20E swap and throw on a CA18DET head and turbo it :P. I would still need a bell housing for it, since its going onto a KA24DE. Who knows, the bell housing "might" fit :P.