HybridZ

L28 motor lifting tabs

L28_3.jpg

Do you see the two vertical bolt holes that are immediately to the right of the Cyl 1 spark plug? There should be a tall plate that attaches right there and is actually taller than the valve cover. I have mine off for now [because it looks awkward] and I just put my new motor in and don't need to take it out anytime soon [i hope]. I assume thats what the PO did to your motor.

*edit* I decided not to be lazy and go to my photobucket account haha:

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh81/flatblack280/?action=view&current=100_2695.jpg

?action=view&current=100_2695.jpg

Edited by flatblack280
found a better photo

YA ! I triple checked it all,mounts ,and everything hooked to the engine and tranny.Thats the same one that tore on me.Very strange it bent with practically no force on it.This pic is crazy man,you pulled the engine using only that 1 tab? I`ll get it done no problem ,I`ve just never seen this happen. This is my 1st rice grinder!

P1070091.jpg

Yes, Ive pulled plenty of motors and never really had an issue. Just make sure to check the tranny from hitting or catching up on lines and whatnot. I just had the car up off the ground to remove clutch slave-exhuast-drivesaft-tranny plate then hooked at plate and thats pretty much it. You will know instantly if theres an issue.

BTW looks crazy huh? lol

i went ahead and just broke it off the rest of the way today and noticed most of the crack was already dirty so a previous owner must have somehow cracked it.Sorry guys I`v e never seen that happen yet . Once I redrilled a hole in the remainder of the tab and re connected it,shazaam! That motor jumped out of there! Man, I `m sorry for buggin` you guys over somethin` that trivial,it was dark and i could`nt really see it that well.