HybridZ

Giving More HP on a NA

Redorae

I wasnt comparing the stock to the Fidanza. The stock is I think 24lbs?I dont remember...the Fidanza is 10.5lbs. The Fidanza was not the control in the experiment mentioned. Having the mechanical clutch installed and off the car was...and from my personal experience...yes, having no mechanical fan on the car made a noticeable difference. Im not saying much..but I could feel it. Also...who said anything about a 280zx? Read my signature next time:)

Also...i did both runs about an hour apart...so its not like i did the run with the mech fan on the car in 105degree weather...and the run without the mech fan at 30degree weather. Everything under my control was the same

Jeremy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it feels faster than who cares :icon45:

Did twice pipes help my stock Z? Probably not...probably hurt it in lower RPM's if anything. Does it sound good and make me happy? Hell yes it does!

Anyways, take what JohnC said and do the tuneup. It sure helped my Z. Unless you bore the engine out, change fuel management, or gut your interior, nothing will really do a whole lot for a N/A L28.

Just my $.02

nothing will really do a whole lot for a N/A L28.

Just my $.02

Id like to debate that .. see post above .. a good port job and a bump in the compression makes it a whole new beast! But i take you never driven a real built NA...

Id like to debate that .. see post above .. a good port job and a bump in the compression makes it a whole new beast! But i take you never driven a real built NA...

Haha this is true. I was referring more to what the others before I were discussing. Things like the intake and fan. They won't do a whole lot for a stock L28. Now if your engine is ported, compression increased, etc. it might do a little more :mrgreen:.