HybridZ

Zd30ddt

I have yet to hear anything about this so what would you guys think? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_ZD_engine A 3.0 ltre Nissan diesel turbo 4-cylinder. Are the vehicles that they list have this engine in the RWD platform or are they AWD? I think it may be a nice swap if RWD. You cant deny the performance potential of diesels.

Well...that doesn't tell me if the trucks and SUVs that these come in are RWD or 4WD, lol. I think it could be cool to have a directed injected, performance diesel 4 banger and get what, 50 MPG? If it doesn't THAT much weight to the car of course.

Looking at the list of vehicles it comes in, It's very possible that it bolts right up to a FS5R30 tranny.

I'm a bit torn on common rail electronically injected diesels because I used to service the injector driver modules on them and found them unbelievably expensive to replace........and very dangerous to the guy testing them because they operate at over 100 volts and also have pretty high amperage.

They also won't allow you to drive around during the zombie apocalypse because the first EMP will take them out while the old archaic bosch VE pump cars will keep on mowing down zombies through many a nuke.

Looks like it is a pretty tall motor, with the intake being routed over the engine. Any idea on the engine bellhousing?

I don't see the intake being a problem, since you could just route that through a FMIC around front and then into the engine (come to think of it, don't some RBs have a similar intake over the top setup?)