HybridZ

Subaru p/s rack with JCI mounts?

Has anyone attempted this yet? From my initial observaion, it looks like the steering shaft will come out of the rack and go straight into the JCI mount if the rack is located in the stock position. Anyone have it done?

Joe

I've been watching this thread with interest. I have the JCI mounts which were previously modified prior to my purchase, so finding the right rack has been a concern of mine...

Sure would be great to see a few pics of the different subaru racks that people have discussed... I think there's some confusion on which one is the "ideal" candidate and which make/model/year the donor comes from...

I bought those mounts from Tyson... were they yours at one point? Do you have any pictures of them mocked up with the STI rack? Can you give me more details on the rack (year etc)... Much appreciated!! Many people are really curious!!

It looks like my stuff. I used a rack from a 2001 STI. No pics of those mounts with the rack mounted. I've got the car apart right now and I'll get a pic of the rack in the X member. I did not change how it was mounted just changed how the motor was mounted. Look around here a few pics in my album.

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=23283

It looks like my stuff. I used a rack from a 2001 STI. No pics of those mounts with the rack mounted. I've got the car apart right now and I'll get a pic of the rack in the X member. I did not change how it was mounted just changed how the motor was mounted. Look around here a few pics in my album.

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=23283

Thanks for the pics!

An internet search says that the rack from a 2001 STI interchanges with the following:

1998-2001 Subaru Impreza interchages with:

* 1998-1998: L; 4Cyl 2.2L GAS, FI, VIN "4", EJ22EZ;

* 1998-1998: Outback; 4Cyl 2.2L GAS, FI, VIN "4", EJ22EZ;

* 1998-1998: RS; 4Cyl 2.5L GAS, FI, VIN "6", EJ25D;

* 1999-1999: L; 4Cyl 2.2L GAS, FI, EJ223;

* 1999-1999: Outback; 4Cyl 2.2L GAS, FI, EJ223;

* 1999-1999: RS; 4Cyl 2.5L GAS, FI, EJ253;

* 1999-2001: L; 4Cyl 2.2L GAS, FI, VIN "4", EJ222;

* 1999-2001: Outback; 4Cyl 2.2L GAS, FI, VIN "4", EJ222;

* 2000-2000: RS; 4Cyl 2.5L GAS, FI, VIN "6", EJ251;

* 2001-2001: RS; 4Cyl 2.5L GAS, FI, EJ251;

Just trying to clear up the confusion on which racks will work... This list could be wrong, but at least it's a start...

Based on everyone's experience with the Subaru racks, does this list represent the different racks that have been used?