HybridZ

I got a wild hair. So i have some questions?

Well after gutting the car and finding the rusty areas that i know about. I started looking at the transmission tunnel and how banged up it was so i have decided to rebuild the tunnel as well. This is going to be a DD/weekend drag car. I want to car to go 7.0 in the 1/8th. I am not the greatest at banging gears so i want to go auto in this car.

Now my questions.

How many of you have put an 4l60e or 700r4 with your lsx motors and how well did it run down the track.

Will the 4l60/700r4 fit in a stock tunnel size so i can use the stock Z seats or will need to go out and find me some different seats.

I will post pics of the car once we get the sub frame built and the frame rails in right now it looks like any other car with out floor boards.

You can keep the z seats. You will have room at that point of the tunnel for seats. Frankly, there are not too many other smaller options that work any better. I did go with Miata seats in mine but could have kept the others. You will have to do a new tunnel or the sledge hammer mod on the first third of the tunnel.

I put a 700r4 with my LS1 in my RX7. That won't help you tunnel question, but I promptly tossed the 700r4 because I didn't know how to get it to shift into overdrive at full throttle, apparently there are kits for this but something to be aware of.

I put the 4L60E in my 280Z with some massaging on the passenger side to clear the cooler lines. I also had to get flexable dip stick from Lokar sine the stock one will not work. I also had to cut out the old tranny mounts. But from what I understand the 240Z tunnel is smaller than the 280Z so you may have more massaging to do.

i have notice that it does make up some rigidity. I will have the full sup frame structure built be for the tunnel comes out to be rebuilt. Under the the seats it will look like a ladder almost. Then there will be 3 ribs and a back bone in the tunnel not to mention that there will be almost like a frame that goes along the floor around the tranny. If i get some way to draw up my plan i will show yall.