HybridZ

Automatic 280zxt Radiator Drain Cock Location??

JSM

Sorry for the newbie question, but I was stumped.

I'm assuming due to the auto trans cooler they didn't mount it on the bottom because it's not there on mine and the pic in the FSM doesn't show it either.

Does it exist on the radiator? I looked for awhile to no avail. If it's not there do they expect us to drop the lower radiator hose to get the fluid out? I was hoping to do a quick thermostat change with as little mess as possible.

Thanks!

I was trying not to get messy! :)

I know where it was supposed to be, I just didn't see it. Looks to be the auto radiators are different then the Manual. The manual 82 ZXT I dismantled was right there in the middle.

Minor set back but oh well.

Day light look and nada.

Anyway, wrong thermostat, wrong direction and stuck open! What a difference a thermostat makes.

The low end torque improved tremendously once up to operating temp.

Test drive I blew the heater hose. :( I think the radiator is next to go on the list.

I'm also leaning toward a blown head gasket as well. Time will tell.

the 81 radiator has an integral oil cooler for the auto tranny which if I remember right is the bottom of the radiator. the 82/83 turbo radiator are the same as the n/a cars and the coolant drain is bottom right (i think but for sure bottom) also what happens is that the plug is plastic and when you hit a bumper in the parking lot it breaks the wings off and you cant really find the drain with out close examination.