HybridZ

How to I get 200hp out of a stock L28E?

mylesblaq

Thanks John. I really appreciate it. You have just helped me make up my mind. I think I'm going to look for a l28et or turbo parts from a l28et. Do you know where I can find a complete setup kit?

There are no "kits" any more. The closest you'll find to a kit is buying someone else's system they put together with various parts, or finding a relatively complete 280ZX Turbo and transplanting everything to your Z.

And with that I suggest you do a lot of reading of other threads and searching because this thread should not (and will not) become a place for you to do Q/A for every bit and piece - a bit of de facto and a bit of de jure.

There are no "kits" any more. The closest you'll find to a kit is buying someone else's system they put together with various parts, or finding a relatively complete 280ZX Turbo and transplanting everything to your Z.

And with that I suggest you do a lot of reading of other threads and searching because this thread should not (and will not) become a place for you to do Q/A for every bit and piece - a bit of de facto and a bit of de jure.

OK, ShaggyZ, aka Thread Police!!!! I had no intention on making this a primary thread for turbo swat Q/A. I had planned on doing my homework before I did any mods to my Z, which in my opinion that's why I ask the question in the first place. Just doing my homework!

OK, ShaggyZ, aka Thread Police!!!! I had no intention on making this a primary thread for turbo swat Q/A. I had planned on doing my homework before I did any mods to my Z, which in my opinion that's why I ask the question in the first place. Just doing my homework!

I actually am a bit of Thread Policeman, hence my title - "Terminator." However, it was not my intention to rip into you. I was just making sure we were on the same page. Drax just supplied you with a fantastic thread which, if you (and many before you) had looked around a bit, you would have found and this thread wouldn't exist.

I actually am a bit of Thread Policeman, hence my title - "Terminator." However, it was not my intention to rip into you. I was just making sure we were on the same page. Drax just supplied you with a fantastic thread which, if you (and many before you) had looked around a bit, you would have found and this thread wouldn't exist.

ShaggyZ, aka Thread Police, aka Terminator, I did look at and read the thread Drax posted long before he post to the this thread. I have been doing my research and part of that research is to ask questions. Besides, what the point of having the site if you can't post questions and learn from each other? What I'm learning about you is that you have little or no patience for those who seek to learn about the Z car that we all have a passion for or you choose to only help those who you believe is worthy of precious little knowledge!:flamedevi

ShaggyZ, aka Thread Police, aka Terminator, I did look at and read the thread Drax posted long before he post to the this thread. I have been doing my research and part of that research is to ask questions. Besides, what the point of having the site if you can't post questions and learn from each other? What I'm learning about you is that you have little or no patience for those who seek to learn about the Z car that we all have a passion for or you choose to only help those who you believe is worthy of precious little knowledge!:flamedevi

Correct!

I am hoping to update that thread soon, since I've got about 8 more years experience with turbos since I wrote it. ;)

Drax240z, thanks for the post there's a lot of good info. Could you drop a complete setup list for those who don't know what they doing like me in the updated post? I was just thinking I could get a manifold, down pipe, and an ecu and be on my way but I know now that there's more that goes into the swap / setup.