HybridZ

I want to go fast in a 200SX

Are all the Maximas FWD? I thought some of the very first ones might have been RWD - no? I just fuzzily remember guys hopping them up and they were RWD. I may be completely wrong tho' :-( The 240SX looks like it would be a fun car to twiddle with but it's too new and there would be emissions concerns around here if you did a swap..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yah I thought so too... I'm gona check out an 84 Maxima this week, and I'll find out if it's RWD. I'm prety sure some came with a 5 speed too, from what I've heard. if anyone else can back this info up that would be great..

------------------

The crazy datsun guy

Guest Anonymous

i had a 85 nissan maxima with the straight 6 fuel injected with the 5 speed and it was rear wheel drive. i'm not sure when they stopped making them RWD. i know my straight 6 was enough to give the mustang 5.0 a run for the money though. on the highway atleast.

Not sure, but I thought the 83 or 84 was the last RWD straight 6 Maxima. I had an 85 and it was FWD, V6.

I had a buddy in college that had an 81 Datsun 810 (became the Maxima in later years). That think had an EFI L24 in it, a 5spd, and IRS RWD. It would flat out go around the corners. I couldn't keep up with it in my stock 240 with wide tires. THe guy was a better driver and a bit mor insane though! Fun sleeper. Hmm. How about an old 810 with a small block? Hmm. Family car!

Hey BLKMGK: I have found an LSD!! Woh hoo!

I also found the engine and trany from the same car! (I hope) A guy dropped off the whole rear-end/frame/suspension unit the other day, and low and behold I got the whole deal from my boss for $50!! I talked to the guy scraping it, and he has the engine and 5-speed at home... he scrapped the rest of the car a few monts ago (before I worked there frown.gif too bad really..) Anyway, he wants #350 for the engine/trany/computer, and all I need to get is the wiring harness. (it went to the crusher with the car) That is my question for today: Will any harnes from a 300ZX work? ie: one from an automatic car, because there are a few in the back of the yard my boss said I could rip through. If anyone knows, give me a shout ok? Thanks!

------------------

The crazy datsun guy