HybridZ

road race fuel cell question

RedRocket260z

if i were to put a roadrace fuel cell in my 260z/lt1 car, would i ever have a fuel starvation problem in a 9-10 sec straight line pull? I plan on lifting tires, and going high 9's low 10's in the 1/4, but right now, i have 1/2 tank fuel starving problems. I also want to track the car, like on a road course. But i want to get rid of the fuel starving problem first. it will suck if it starves of fuel, when im on nitrous.

....I plan on lifting tires, and going high 9's low 10's in the 1/4.... I also want to track the car, like on a road course. quote]

Disclamier: Please do not take this the wrong way, I promise I am not breaking your balls.

I'm curious how you plan to hook to run 9's and still go roadracing with the same car/suspension etc? It would be quite the feat, Ive just never seen cars that are that specialized for the quarter try to pull double duty. Whats the plan?

• 4 weeks later...
I've got a fuel safe fuel cell in my ls1 track car. It has the in tank fuel pump. I have no starvation issues. When the car sputters, it's all but empty.

Hey Mark,. Can you tell me exactly which one you ordered? I am trying to make room for exhaust on the passanger side and would like to keep the fuel pump in the tank.

Mark