HybridZ

R200 into 73 240z

kcambron

I took a list of things I needed over to my donor car(1981 2plus2) to pull parts.rear diff,mustache bar,front diff mount and rear travers link mount.Problem, nothing but the r200 diff was there, is the 2plus2 setup different? I didn't recognize anything from my drawings!?

This is going into a 73 240z. Thanks for the input, Kevin

I found a 75 with the r200 rear end and pulled the required parts for installation in my 1973. I have done a lot of reading but am suprised to see no difference in the 1975 parts, the mustache bar seems to be the same,bolt pattern and bends,I can see no difference in the rear traverse link and the front mount looks the same as mine. Yes my car (1973)does have the 180 rear end and the 1975 car did have a r200 diff in it. What gives?

Thanks, Kevin

The mustache bar should be subtly different, but not exactly the same. It repositions the diff a bit to fit the R200 in place. The front mount is a bit sturdier compared to the early cars, but it looked the same as the one on my '72 when I did the swap.

I found the side by side pictures I had taken during my swap, and the 280Z mustache bar positions the diff further back to accommodate the R200. The rear hangers are the same. I used my '72 front mount because it was in better shape than the '76 or so mount that I pulled from a j/y.

Here's a link you may enjoy:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/6212/diffswap/diffswap.htm