HybridZ

280z L28et Swap- No Start

I'm on the last leg of the swap and me and my brother can't seem to figure out why it won't start. We know that we are getting air,fuel, and spark and have check the injectors with a noid light. Double checked all connections and that didn't seem to alleviate any problems. While cranking it backfires a little bit every couple of seconds. Tried starter fluid to no avail as well. We're going to try and mess with the timing some more but just wanted to see if there is anything else that could be stopping the car from starting?

How do you know you are getting fuel?

The starting fuild would have made it start ethier way.

Sounds like timing. Have you pulled a plug? Gas soaked?

Well I'm assuming that the engine is getting fuel b/c I can hear the fuel pump turn on during the 5 second prime and my auteq FPR shows 40 psi when cranking. We pulled the plugs to do a compression test a week ago and they we're soaked in fuel. Next step is pulling the front cover and making sure that the oil pump and everything is lined up correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

New Issue-

Car will start but after running for 5 minutes it sputters and dies. It idles and revs fine while in neutral but dies after 5 minutes of normal driving. It does make boost but after 3 thousand rpms it hits a wall almost and refuses to rev any higher while in gear.

Just changed the plugs out for new and no luck. I did notice that the spark plug holes had fuel pooling in them if that is of any help.