HybridZ

no fuel after rebuild

info: 77 280z l28 stock

my friend and i assembled my engine back together today.

as i tried to fire it up, it only cranked. there was spark going through the wires. we popped open the fuel line right above the fuel filter and it was filled with gas. after about 10 tries of just cranking, i took off one of the spark plugs and there was not a drop of gas. they looked brand new out of box.

i dont know if its wiring, of fpr, or what

please help!! thanks

I am guessing you are using EFI. So check to see if your injectors are firing. You can use a test light or the screwdriver method. If fuel is getting to them but they are not pulsing you will get no fuel in the cyl.

And just in case that is the problem check to make sure you have secured all ground points back where they should be, and they are clean so they have good contact.

the grounds are good. i dont know whats next besides replacing the fuel pump and injectors. idont want to do that until im sure of the problem.

i forgot to mention. prior to my rebuild, the engine overheated. by the engine overheating, could that have caused the pump to go out? or injectors?

thanks

did you even check to see if the injectors are firing? No need to replace them if they are fine. If they are not firing when you try to crank then take a 5 volt battery and jumper across the injector on and off, you should hear them firing or making a clicking noise. take the spark plugs out and do all the injectors one at a time while you have something like a rolled up peice of paper in the spark plug hole. If the paper is wet when you do the battery test then you have a wiring problem most likely. I believe that there are only a couple things that can make the injectors not fire in the system. also do what Pharao said to make sure everything is correct.