HybridZ

awd rb20det rear 200z1 sump oil pan issues help

twistex

EDIT topic is 200zr

I have a rb20det from a awd skyline. I have a rwd rb20det 5 speed behind it. I tried to install the z31 200zr rear sump oil pan and pickup tube to find out that the pickup tube location is different. The passage on the side of block for oil does not go far enought to the other pickup tube location. That means a external oil line would need to be ran and the other pickup tube location would have to be drilled. has anyone ran into this problem ? thanks

Rich

rbblockissues1resize.jpg

rbblockissues2resize.jpg

Well found.

The first two are mine as in my post above, the second 2 are an easier way to do it by someone else and there is a third example on my website shortcuts above, from another HybridZ member, so there are 3 examples in all there to review.

regards

Took matters into my own hands. Figured I will share what i did. This seems to be the best way I could think of. May be more work but I think it will be reliable enough.

rbblockissues5resize.jpg

rbblockissues4resize.jpg

rbblockissues3resize.jpg

rbblockissues6resize.jpg

Then the -10 oil line will come out side of block pulling through the oil pickup and run along the block with oil hose to the oil pump that I pulled the freeze plug deal out of and welded a -10 fitting to.

rbblockissues7resize.jpg

Hi, the mod worked perfectly. I cranked it a couple of times with cas unpluged. Then I hooked up the cas it fires up and looking into valve cover cap i could see oil whipping off the cam lob.

I was going to drill block 2 times and run external line incase you need to change your oil pump in future you wouldn't have to weld another -6 line to it. btw i never want to go through all this trouble again unelss its for a rb26.

:)

Sorry I ment -10 an fitting not -6.

also yeh i understand the pan part! thats what i wanted to do and extend the pickup tube. This guy wants to do a rb25det in future and because the pickup tubes are discontinued now he didn't want me to modify the pickup tube. I told him i could make him another one later if he does rb25 but yeh. this job was a nightmare from hell.