HybridZ

What body kits were available in '72?

Hey guys,

They are going to be filming a movie near me and want to use my datsun - however, the movie is set in '72, and mine is a '76. I was already planning on swapping my bumpers for the 240's, but really want to add a front air dam. Does anyone know what dam was available in '72?

From what I've seen people usually use the 240Z style turn signals when they switch to the 240Z bumpers. As for the tail lights, the only people who would notice those being different would be us Z fans. The producer/director probably wouldn't know at all and the majority of the people watching wouldn't either.

The tail lights and markers aren't a problem. I'm replacing the grill with the 240 grill just to even the space w/ the new bumper. The only thing I was worried about is the air dam. I was going to do the Xenon w/ ducts, but I know that wasn't available haha. Do you know if the BRE w/ ducts was available in the 70's?

Thanks

Hey Flash,

Don't have pictures - in the middle of restoration. Its sterling silver w/ original mag. minilites. Really want to eliminate the rear bumper and fill the holes, and put an air dam on. The bre does look totally old school. Thats definitely a possibility.

Thanks

They arent starting production for about 8 months - which gives me time to restore. Its some drama set in '72. They were location scouting and just happened to see me working on my z , and asked if it was gonna be restored by then, and if they could use it in the movie - just in the background.