HybridZ

Tire rubbing problem

So I put on the rota rb-r 17x9.5 on the rear of my ZX. I have thoroughly rolled the fenders but I still have rubbing issues. Upon hard accel the passenger side rear wheel moves forward and strikes the leading edge of the fender (see pic). It does not rub anywhere else during squat.

rearwheeldiagram.jpg?t=1241476055

I am wondering if this is a cause of old rear control arm bushings. I have new urethane bushings that I didn't install yet. When I replace them, would I have any noticable difference with the wheel moving forward? Would a larger anti-roll bar assist in stopping this issue?

Thanks guys!

Alright. I think what I meant was the trailing arm bushings. I'm not very current with the rear end suspension components. The arm with two bushings toward the front of the vehicle would be the trailing arm, correct? If so, I am guessing this is what needs stiffening/replacement.

I will also look into modifying some Z31 subframe bushings and upgrading to a larger anti-roll bar (since I am auto-xing this car).

Part of why jeffp made his bushings are the ZX rear tires are not center in the wheel well. I'ld look at the bushings unless you have gobs of power. It's been noted that the tires can move forward under load. There must be a good amount of force there.