HybridZ

$24K Z on Craigslist

Yeah, I dunno, I kinda like the Red, (what's the color #?) but the rest I dunno. It's obvious how much work he'd put into it, even from looking at the build picts it's not just some rush job with mass amouts of bondo (tho there's some) it's an L28, so you know its limits even with how it's built. I'm not sure I'd pay that much for it, but its good he's got the appraisal for that much.

That brings us again to insurance. You guys should all look into antique car insurance. because Z's do die and hopefully, none of us will. Look at what just happened to Br3nnan. Antique Car insurance requires an appraisal (~$100 bucks) but that helps guarantee you'll get real value for your classic car should you get hit. On here we mostly need Classic/modified insurance, but it's the same thing. Appraised value is what they'll give you rather than book, and the payments are very similar. (unless you're 16 :wink: ) It would make the difference between getting your car fixed or having your car totalled for a $600 fender smack.

Back to his car... I wish him luck selling it for that price. It can only be good for the rest of us.

now the posting has been flagged for removal... wtf?

I was certainly afraid it was going to be far far worse than it was.. the roof scoop is a bit over the top and I think side pipes (at least, long exposed ones like that) are pointless and stupid (I KNOW I would burn the crap out of myself if I ever owned them on a car of mine; that being the case, they are STUPID for me. I'm not saying you there, with the sidepipes, are stupid.. if you can avoid burning yourself, great. I couldn't do that) but other than that, this car looks pretty slick.. overpriced, yes, but you never know what may bite when you go fishing.

Besides, any time I see someone asking WAY too much for their car, I give them the benefit of the doubt, and imagine that their wife is FORCING them to sell it, so dude has simply jacked the price up to keep it from getting sold. If he gets it, he gets it, if not, well, Sorry, honey, but we just cant take a loss on it!!!

.. overpriced, yes, but you never know what may bite when you go fishing.

Besides, any time I see someone asking WAY too much for their car, I give them the benefit of the doubt, and imagine that their wife is FORCING them to sell it, so dude has simply jacked the price up to keep it from getting sold. If he gets it, he gets it, if not, well, Sorry, honey, but we just cant take a loss on it!!!

Good Point, I need to remember that for when my wife gets tired of seeing the pieces in the Garage. " Honey, I need to finish this, we can't just sell it all, we'd take a huge loss. " I'm sure once I get the paint on my Z she'll be asking to drive it. hehe.

Phar

Good Point, I need to remember that for when my wife gets tired of seeing the pieces in the Garage. " Honey, I need to finish this, we can't just sell it all, we'd take a huge loss. " I'm sure once I get the paint on my Z she'll be asking to drive it. hehe.

Phar

although that is great strategy(i'll keep that in mind), hmmm... i loved cars before i loved MY wife-to-be. lol, although old cars are so high maintenance... they dont talk back, get jealous, or ask what you are thinking...

so........

lol, j/k j/k j/k.

hope my gf never sees this...

but back to the car, i think i heard (some how) that only 17k was invested in the car... its a z, and we need to keep em alive, but i think the bw is trashy, it DOES look like a burner. looks like alot of the parts were made in china and or bought off of ebay. forgive me if i am a bit harsh, but imo nothing looks of quality. some people cash out on "resto'n" old cars, trash em' out on a quick build and turn around and sell it to make $10g. in turn, that depreshiates the number of cars that serve more of a purpose than "bling"...

then ofcourse thats going to become the new f'n fad, and vintage z's and other real cars would become as commercial as the modern day 240sx and honda civic. not f'n cool...

idk, your car is always worth more to you personally, than its actually worth, but i take it personally when i see stuff like this.

forgive me.