HybridZ

WooHooo!! Autometer updated the Phantom line!

BLKMGK

YES! The Autometer tech told me late last year that I migth want to hold off buying my speedo if I wanted a trip meter. He said they would be moving the Carbon Fiber gauge's LCD trip meter and odo over to the Phantom line "soon". Well, I just checked their pages and the new lineup is in! Oh yeah - I love it. Waiting paid off for once!

[url=http://www.autometer.com/hp/2001_catalog/competition/competition_closeups/5887_89.html]http://www.autometer.com/hp/2001_catalog/competition/competition_closeups/5887_89.html[/ URL]

Hey, it's the little things in life ya' know? They still don't have what I want in an in-dash tach though unless I buy the carbon fiber gauge - doh! They DO have an Ultralight that goes to 200mph for Mr. Kelly though smile.gif

Also, I've E-mailed EnergySuspension to ask them what flippin' motor mount they sell that will replace the GM mount JTR specs. They've got a mount that looks "close" and the description fits but looking at the pic I just don't see how it'll work mounting to the setback plate - does anyone else? Theirs have these "ears" that stick up and don't mount flat....

[This message has been edited by BLKMGK (edited February 12, 2001).]

I would like Autometer to make the 200mph unit in the Phantom series... I'll get the ultralight if I have to, but I'd rather have the tach and speedo match the rest of the gage bezels!

I'm glad they do finally make a 200mph electric speedo though! Those will be bought next month, along with the 1piece front end from MAS!

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Mike,

Do you mean a 200mph Phantom "Electric" speedometer? I've got a 200mph Phantom mechanical speedoemter for the Z dash. The picture I've got is really grainy, but if look real closely, you can see that it counts up to 200mph in 40 mph incraments. I'll admit that I originally did this for "rice". However, it's very nice at the drag strip because 100 mph is pointing straight up. It makes for an easy reference.

-Andy

witeface.jpg

[This message has been edited by Andrew Bayley (edited February 13, 2001).]

Grumble - edit the silly post and the URL stuff stopped working....

Sweet gauge for the street oriented but Mike actually wants to hit 200mph smile.gif I just wish they had a Phantom that looked like the Ultra with the tach recall (shrug). No response from them on that or from Energy on a motor mount.

Anyone put one of the regualr tachs into the dash? I think I've asked before but spending serious coin on a tach, taking it apart, and then not having it fit right would "suck". Thankfully I'm not to that point yet - still got to get the motor in and I'm making progress on that just fine! smile.gif

Thanks Pete! I JUST got my (very) short answer from the Autometer folks. It was "You could easily convert the 5795 to a in dash mount. Simply loosen the strap and mount in dash."

Sounds good to me! that tach has what I want even if the Ultra in-dash version looks slightly better. I'll deal smile.gif