HybridZ

Got my turbo.

AK-Z

I just got my turbo for $40 :D , but there is some issues.

1. Looking at the turbine housing where the stock wastegate flap was (inside), there are hairline cracks. No cracks on the outside.

2. Missing wastegate flap and actuator, because of that, there is a hole where the arm use to be.

3. uses a weird 4 bolt flange on the downpipe side, but comes with new flange so I can weld my own downpipe.

What can I do with it? I've tried to find a turbine housing, but I don't know what will work. Its a TD05H (I think 16g and going on a KA)

I've rebuilt cracked turbos on my kitchen table and only replaced the bearings and piston ring type seal..........didn't replace seal on compressor side and ran that 280zx turbo as a daily driver for the about 4 years after that.

I did it to run the car while I rebuilt a much better condition turbo but it never died so I left it alone and drove it 50,000 miles.

• 1 month later...

The core on the turbo is good. It was the housing that I was worried about.

Well anyways. Found out that the 14b and 16g are the same as far as the turbine side is concerned. The 16g just had a larger opening on the housing, same turbine wheel.

Compressor side is different, but are interchangeable. So you can turn a 14b into a 16g with the right parts (16g; housing, wheel, and trust bearing)