HybridZ

chopping bumpstops

i did a search and only found one person who did this, but wanted to hear from more people.

I've got Tokiko HP's, Eibachs, and the red poly master kit from Energy Suspension. Do you have to cut the bumpstop when putting it all together? I didn't want to just cut up a new piece that took so long to get (Canada). If you do cut, how much should you cut?

Also, I know it's been brought up before, but does anyone have part numbers for the Eibach springs which state which spring is for the front and which is for the rear? i've heard use the shorter one for the front, but some people say the other. I can't find any part number for the z on their website listing.

I am not sure if you have to cut bump stops for lowering springs. I did this on my coil over suspended 280 because the ride height is lower than springs only, and I wanted to get some more travel.

As for the springs, I can't remember which goes where. Let me ask you this. Are the stock fronts longer than the rears, or vice versa? That will probably tell you where the new springs need to go. Hope that helps some.

I kinda always thought of cutting the bumpstops when lowering a car as standard practice. It is or used to be standard with Honda guys. I just did it when converting to coilovers on the Z, didn't really think twice about it. I cut pretty much what John said above and cut off the smaller cone-ish end.