HybridZ

exhaust notes

fl327

hey what kind of exhausts are you v8ers running, right now im running a single

2.5 pipe, it sounds great and all, but i want to turn it up, im going headers and want to change out the piping too, maybe dual flows or one large flow like 3.5inches or bigger, also thinking of going with

cutoffs that flow into the ground..whacha think z sters??????

Hi Len! I'm going with a 3" single pipe from two block hugger headers. Actually, if you go block huggers, I'll sell you mine since I'm a little far from finishing. Plus, I can recoupsome of that money I gave you from the roll cage!!!! They are new and painted black. Email me if you want them.

David

I'll run block huggers of some yet to be determined size into dual 2.5pipes. Pipes will exit back on either side of the fuel cell. I'm considering DynoMax UltraFlows or something ricey if I can find it at a reasonable cost and am convinced it won't blow me out of th ecar. Summit's latest import catalog has some candidates. Funny that Borla "Boomers" only come with 2.25 inlets!

I'm skipping Flowmasters I think. Had them on my Mustang and 2chambers were too loud, resonated like mad, and rusted REALLY bad. 3 chambers wouldn't be much better IMO but their deltasomething or other new style might be better.

I'd like my car to be mostly quiet even at full chat WOT or look ricey enough that the local punks will make a poor assumption so I can hand them their butts on a platter.

We'll see but dual 2.5's or a single 3inch pipe should flow as much as you need.

I'm running 2.5 inch duals with shorty headers. I'm upgrading my shorty block huggers (Ceramic coated 1 5/8th primaries, they are forsale BTW!) to 1 3/4 block hugger or full length headers, but I'm staying with 2.5 inch duals with an Hpipe configuration and dual mufflers out back. I had the flowmasters on the car and I can't recommend them if you plan to spend significant time in the car. They really boom inside of a datsun, as these cars don't have thick sheetmetal and are way to loud. I'm going with Dynomax Super turbo units and hope to tone down the noise without losing the flow!

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Search this site for "Exhaust" threads using the search engine. This has come up several times in the last year and had a good bit of discussion. My site has details and pics of my exhaust.

A bit loud for me, but I wanted it really pretty quiet. My neighbors with the Harleys thought it sounded quiet wink.gif.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project

pparaska@home.com

Pete's V8 Datsun 240Z Pages

[This message has been edited by pparaska (edited March 05, 2001).]