HybridZ

ZX Front Bumpers

So are they actually interchangable? Thats what hes wanting to know.

Sorry, well they are .. but you will need to remove the plastic side molds on a 82. and that will reval skuff marks from thos parts rubbing over the years. Plus you would need two earlier bumpers to get the later car to match up front and rear.

So yeah you can mix and match diffrent bumbers

Don't forget the little tabs that are welded onto the body for the side molding...and on the rear there is a hole that needs to be drilled for mounting on the side...of course, I did none of this on mine, they're just kind of sitting inside the front bumper and attached in the wheel wells...If that makes sense to you.

I plan on doing this swap in the future.( If that car will stay at the pick-n- pull until i get the time heh.) When I do I'll post pics and such on the project. I think i can make it work w/o too mush hassle. i guess I'll find out.

Jason

the only thing im not sure of when it comes to swapping bumpers is weather 82-83 coupe side bumper trim will work with 2+2s extra rear "girth"

i think nismo told me they would work though...

No clue about the 2+2, I'm runnin' a coupe so I think I'll get 'er done. I pulled mine apart tonight just out of curiosity. I sanded and repainted the setup and it'll keep me happy until I can get to the junkyard again. From restoring my bumper and looking at that '83 in the J/Y I didnt see much difference.:eek:

Jason

I've done the swap from early bumpers to late ones...once you get them off and sitting next to each other, it's pretty self explanatory. Pretty easy mod. The rear is the most different as the side mounts are completely different from each other.