HybridZ

78 280z turbo

PR280z

It`ll be going on a flatbed next week to its new home. I`ll post some pics later once the deal is closed. I always wanted to do a turbo swap on my 77z or my 75z both original and matching #s, but for now i think it would be less expensive buying this car . Any advise or comments would be helpful.

It looks like you did okay. TEC2 Electronics are nice and I'm assuming running is always a major plus. Good starting point.
Oh, that`s what its called . The owner of the car told me he spent $ 250.00 just to get it programed . I don`t know how much truth there is in that :confused2,but i`m new to all these turbo stuff. So i do need to do some researching to gain more knowledge ,and i do belive Hybridz would be the place. The engine roars with just one turn of the key.CIMG9351.jpg

At first glance I thought it was a TEC II, it may just be the DFU I saw in the engine bay. However, i'm not sure what the box in the glove compartment is? That may be the ECU? The black box w/the dial looks to be a fuel mixture box. The box in the glove compartment may go w/ it? Look for writing on all the boxes. It looks like you have a very complete setup either way.

Here is the PDF on the TEC II if that is what it is:

http://www.directignition.com/pdf_files/tec99.pdf