HybridZ

Where to find a l28 rebuild kit?

Hartspank

Hey guys, I just purchased a '75 280z with 72k, but it has been sitting for 10 years. The engine won't budge! I've pulled the plugs and filled the cylinders with penetrating oil, not sure if this was a good or bad idea? Anywhoo I'm guessing I'm going to have to rebuild it. I've been searhing for an affordable rebuild kit but am coming up empty. Does anybody have any suggestions or opinions on kits that they've had good results with? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I got my rebuild kit from falcon global they had a listing on ebay for a l28 NA I simply called them and they instantly made a l28et auction for me. dished pistons .5 mm over(ITM), rod/main bearings (clevitte), full gasket set(fel pro), freeze plug set, piston rings(dont remember) ,piston pins, timing chain set (chain, tensioners, crank/cam sprocket and oil pump for like 350 I thought it was an amazing deal. They used ITM pistons which make good "oem replacement" parts. I was torn up between that and 2gs forged internal,custom cam the big turbo kit from top end. Iam sorta regretting but oh well.

edit if your real concerned about matching original engine or car then rebuild the motor. Howeverif your not concerned just get a junkyard motor theres tons of l series engines these things never quit. That is the best ,cheapest and quickest solution.

• 11 months later...