HybridZ

Here it..........comes

HowlerMonkey

Tomorrow, Obama will unveil a "dramatic" plan on automotive emissions that may very well impact us here.

I will be especially interested in whether they offer exemptions for older classic cars and what the definiton of "classic" will be.

Hopefully, they will use the tailpipe test as the tell all rather than just disqualify a car because of it's year of manufacture since I will be running my l28et on an OBDII ecu soon.

I believe this is a standard for newly manufactured cars, not vehicles already sold and in consumer hands.

If it indeed mandates testing for all vehicles and there's no exemption for older collector vehicles, many of us will be outright SCREWED. I don't have the funds to convert to EFI, let alone throw on a new exhaust and cats.

The president directed the secretary of transportation to publish higher fuel economy standards for the model-year 2011 cars and light trucks by the end of March, and to re-evaluate the proposed standards for future model years. Automakers would generally begin selling model-year 2011 vehicles in fall 2010.

Should of happened years ago. Then there would be more gas for us!!

Derek