HybridZ

Miata Seats -how do they fit?

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BLKMGK:

I've got a set of Recaros in my car. They too are a bit narrow for my taste...At some point they may come out and be replaced but it will depend on what I can get...

Hey BLKMGK,

Sorry to let you know this, but Recaros are WAY over-rated!! So being the good person I am, I will take them off your hands (and sore butt) for cheap, I promise I will!! smile.gif

David

I'm closing fast on Needing seats, so I guess I'll be ordering the A4s this coming week.. I cut out the complete frame rails including the seat mounts and will need to weld in the need seat mount braces for the rails... I have a set of 76 280Z seat rails...Pete, How hard was it to mount the A4 on your 240 Rails and does anyone know the differences in the two seat rails??

I made huge gains last night on welding in some footers and hope to have the floor pans done by tomorrow night...Took today off work (Comp time owed me) so I could knock out some more of it!

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

My main concerns were price and availabilty, I got a set of leather 88 300zxt seats with power everthing, they look pretty nice too . I would rather have MR2 or Corrado seats but I can never find those cars in our small junk yards . I got mine for $100 cdn for the pair, and have to fix the drivers seat . The drivers seat is real heavy like 60 pounds plus . Paying for shipping on a seat to Canada is way too expensive .

I think this adds to enjoyment of the car, so I take the weight penalty .

Mike, I emailed you this, but I'll put it here.

I installed the 240Z seat slides in the stock mounting points in the car. This leaves the 4 sohrt studs sticking up that normally bolt to the seat.

I took some 1/8"x2" Al and spanned the studs, left to right, with the Al. I did this in an offset manner front to back to allow room for the A4 seat mount bolt pattern to fit. Then I drilled holes for the A4 pattern. I had to use some spacers to raise the seat off the AL and the AL off the slides to keep things from interfering. The seat does sit a bit high, but I still have about 4" above my head.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project

pparaska@home.com

Pete's V8 Datsun 240Z Pages

• 2 months later...
Guest Anonymous

For seats, I went with the newer 300ZX seats.

Mine are from a 93, and they're very comfortable, all power, and the cool inflateable thingys. They fit very nicely, and are low if you're a tall person like me.

Guest Anonymous

Does someone have pictures of Miata seats in a Z? My pal Andrew has a Miata... maybe I could swap seats out one night and he wouldn't know (once I get a Z of course). icon_smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

Don't overlook 2nd Gen CRX Si seats. I've got those in the 240 and they fit nicely (you do have to put the driver's seat on the passenger side and vice versa if you want to use the recline lever but that's workable for me)

I'm 6'3 and fit decently although it's a tad higher than stock was. Then again the stock seats were 28 years old at the time and probably sagged in the middle alot. I just made really simple brackets out of 1/4 by 1 1/2 bar stock from home depot. More than sufficient. Once I get a welder I'm going to probably make some better ones that let it sit lower and further back though.