HybridZ

SPLIT GUAGES-I like more dash ifo.........

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'd like to replace my dash guages with the "over and under" kind that would give me more guages without screwing something onto my dash, does anyone know who supplies a lot of combinations of these so that I can put 'em where I want 'em? Any ideas on mounting other guages that is both ergonomic and aesthetic?

Anyone want to buy a good dictiuonary? icon_razz.gif

Mark

Z-8...Don't care,I thot of it first......

There are a coulpe of companies making split gauges. I gave one to scottie as a matter of fact - he'll know who the manufacturer is as I've gorfotten. Aircraft gauges tend to be "split" so head over to Aircraft Spruce and Specialty to see what they've got. Lastly, "AutoAvionics" used to make a TON of gauges like this - I've got one of their dual EGT gauges. Don't know if they're still around but it might be worth looking them up. Consider piller mounting gauges too, I tried a Mustang pillar mont BTW - poor fit I'm afraid...

Guest Anonymous

Thanks MagMan, I like to keep an eye on EVERYTHING! You only have to spot one problem before it happens to make them worthwhile. Course I could just be a control freak..I'm hoping someone else has solved this problem. I don't like the pillar idea, anything that sticks out like that is just begging to split your head open when you need your brains the most!

Mark

OverKillZZZ

Guest Anonymous

Cool deal, my bad, I didn't think of aircraft gauges, probably wouldn't work well for a fuel gauge though, unless you have a 200 gal fuel cell. icon_razz.gif

Lone

Guest Anonymous

I don't believe I've seen any split gauges (like the stock 240 had) in the aftermarket. You may be able to get someone like Dakota Digital to custom build a digital speedo and tach guages with multiple gauges on the face allowing additonal digital guages in the stock Z center console. It wouldn't be cheap though and I'm not sure they have 2 5/8" gauges for the center, only 2 1/16". Far as analog, or mechanical don't think you'll find them unless someone knows a company I havn't found?

Lone

That Spruce catalog has a lot of sh*t! Quad combo gauges look pretty cool!

The Pete and Jakes series from Classic Instruments had some combo gauges is I remember correctly. I think I passed on these because I didn't like the way the needle looked. http://www.classicinstruments.net

I've seen a GTR with 3 smaller gauges (one size smaller than what fits in our dashes) mounted to the rear view mirror. Looks pretty cool. I think I have that picture somewhere.

Owen

Actually an Aircraft fuel gauge is pretty accurate as you might imagine. They use some sort of float tube I think - hard to descibe. Anyway, they can be gotten in various lengths and SOME will fit in a fuel cell - in fact I think some fuel cells might even already use them. As the fuel level drops th egauge reads accurately whether is a 20 gallon tank or a 200 gallon tank - works fine and there's NO risk of a stray spark either icon_smile.gif

Aircraft Spruce ROX and anyone who's interested in doing any fabbing, especially with carbon fiber or glass (lone?) should get a copy of their FREE catalog. MSC Industrial Supply is another must have for th eshelf - oh and maybe a Grainger catalog which I've not yet gotten....

Guest Anonymous

Preciate it, still ain't found just the thang tho-,Does anyone know of a site where I can get fries with that? You know you spend every minute in that car glancing at these things so to heck with 19' rims, i'm gettin' me some guages! icon_razz.gif

Mark

10ofrickenClockHigh

Guest Anonymous

Nope,i haven't seen the streetrodder mag, Can you save me a few bucks and post some links you find? i been thinkin' more and more about that 200 gal. aviation tank. if I finally achieve escape velocity I'll let you know. The only place I've found that can promise me anything is by proxy, someone says that you can take a stock toyoder engine apply the proper bolt-ons and get 1200 reliable horsepower on stock internals...No shinola, he says it's posted on a website so it must be true cause he trusts people with first hand experience!

(KNOWs Them!)

And I was thinking the only way I could do it was by bolting rx-7 rotory motors inline 3 at a time. Silly me.

We achieve amazing power to weight ratios with our cars,and we are able to maintain competitive handling with 30 year old cars and this guy comes on OUR forum spouting out of context about toyoders. well crank up the boost ToyBoys and keep it there after the straight stretch and the next 15 miles of twisties and you'll learn why there's no replacing low end torque, reliability, and the combined knowledge of the hybridZ guys. Bear Creek Mtn., Atkins,Va......let me know when and I'll have radio guys at both ends if you'll give the interviews after.

It's my mountain so I'll understand if you want to do time trials one at a time but if you want to trade paint we can do that too. Just be sure you have 1200HP because you'll need it!

You know,this has nothing to do with gauges, anyone close enough to help with timing the event? HEHEHE

Mark

BringItOn...SellYouaComealong

Guest Anonymous

you didn't miss it, I was refering to a different post that started as a 660hp sb for sale at an unreasonably low price and ended up with some guy lectureing about 1200hp toyoders on stock internals and I guess I didn't realize everyone doesn't follow all the posts. Got carried away.

bet you're all thinking I'm a few guages short of an idiot light....

Mark

YodaKiller

Few gauges short of an idiot light...that was so damned funny one of my employees just came in to check on me I was laughing so hard... I'm up for running some timing equipment...I have family in JohnsonCity and usually make the drive to Boone's Creek in about 5.25 hours!

Mike icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by WebWalker:

you didn't miss it, I was refering to a different post that started as a 660hp sb for sale at an unreasonably low price and ended up with some guy lectureing about 1200hp toyoders on stock internals and I guess I didn't realize everyone doesn't follow all the posts. Got carried away.

bet you're all thinking I'm a few guages short of an idiot light....

Mark

I remember that, I was just wondering where that came from. No problem - I was just wondering why the connection went bad on my end (my old brain's fault). I'm often more than a few gauges short of an idiot light icon_biggrin.gif.

[ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: pparaska ]