HybridZ

Rb30 import

wax

Ok who wants an rb30.

What i am looking to do is to buy some rb30 engines.

Strip them and get them hot tanked.

Box them up and ship them to the usa.

They would come with rods pistons and block.

If your interested in this let me know so i know if its worth while looking into .

i would say you would get some massive interest from a US based skyline club too.

half a shipping container would make you a nice little bit of cash.

only drawbacks i see to your plan?

1. you'd need an agent stateside to handle the sales and freight of the shortblocks, you'd have to pay them, either a comission on sales, or a flat rate.

2. you'd need facilities to store them, that'd be part of sorting out an agent though.

3. you may have trouble getting buyers at the moment. the us market is copping a bit of a hiding at the moment. a lot of your potential sales wouldnt want to be spending money at the moment.

Yeah i have that bit sorted, I just trying to figure out who would be interested

Thanks for the idea about the skyline people i will go talk there as well.

I have a person in the usa who will ship them off or i could ship them one by one in a box.

My job makes it very easy for me to crate up.

yeah ok cool.what comes with the shortblock you are buying

Im guessing people want crank , block , rods and pistons

The smaller it is the cheaper to ship. pm me and we will try and work out the price.

Im happy to do it a real reduced price just to work out the bugs and so i can get it right

Ok the first person to give me a deposit will get there engine etc for pure cost.

Im doing a exercise in logistics to start with. I agree about the rods not being in there, I just wasnt sure what people wanted

Not wholy to do with this thread, but does any one know if the RB30 harmonic balancer will go on the RB26? And are the belts the same?

Yes it will fit. It's a lbs or two heavier. Not sure about belts but i don't remember any part numbers or belt sizes that anyone mentioned in the RB30 thread on SAU Forums.