HybridZ

I went to check out a donor camaro today...

with ls1/t56. drove fine, although it didn't give me the punch-in-the-nuts feeling from flooring it (gearing? motorcycle boots i was wearing?).

anyway, the check engine light was on, so i hooked up an obd2 scanner, and it gave 3 error codes -1 for mass airflow meter volume being low, 1 for p1 cylinder bank lean, 1 for p2 cylinder bank lean...

are all those related, or separate issues? Looking at picking up the car shortly

anyway, the check engine light was on, so i hooked up an obd2 scanner, and it gave 3 error codes -1 for mass airflow meter volume being low, 1 for p1 cylinder bank lean, 1 for p2 cylinder bank lean...

are all those related, or separate issues? Looking at picking up the car shortly

If the car has a bad mass air sensor it can run like crap and throw those lean codes.

-Jon

Not a mechanic but speaking from experience w/ my GMC Sierra, replace the MAF first and reset the computer. I did it backwards and replaced the sensors under the intake ($500.) and that didn't fix the the problem, but I got new sensors now... DOH! : /

Hmmm.....I'm assuming you will have the ECM reprogrammed to remove two of the O2 sensors. I'd do that first and see where you stand. Sounds to me like O2 sensor issues which could be addressed with the recode.

Joe

yep

I went back and caught-up on your other threads. Sorry, I'm a little behind on the hybridz goings ons.

Sorry to hear you're throwing in the towel. No shame, it was a daunting endeavor. Try not to get too bent on all the money. That's the price of being a pioneer.

On your need for a crossmember: check with StealthZ. He's in Sacramento and has way more S30 parts than he will ever use. And he practically gives them away.

Good luck my friend.

If the mas was damaged it's possible to be causing a lean condition. However, you could also have a large vacuum leak somewhere (above the intake manifold, most likely, since both banks are running lean) and the PCM has added enough fuel to where it's passed the fuel trim's parameter threshold and threw the code. This is how I would view it from ford - I don't know how different GM would be. Usually if the O2 sensors are bad or not switching, you will have stored codes for them as well (again, used to ford). Just guessing off the top of my head, I would say the mas would be the culprit. Is the intake obstructed? (possibly from the wreck?) If the fuel pump is going out, it could cause the lean condition. Just talking off the top of my head from the most common problems I see; I'm kinda worthless without my diagnostic equipment - hope any of this helps.