HybridZ

LED headlights

hitoshi

Hey guys i havent been on here in a while and i thought i would share this with you guys. I was looking throught my jeep magazine and there is a company that is marketing LED headlamps. The write up on them has a really good review and i wasn't sure if anybody on here is intersted in them (i know i am). Here is the companys info

LED headlamps

website. www.ledheadlamps.com

phone number . 888/664-0634

Thanks, Tyler

Thanks for the link! I've been looking at other lighting options for the Z and am heavily into Jeeps myself.

Look like a bit of a wait though before they have stock again, i'd have to see what the beam pattern is like before shelling close to $350 out for them (and it better be perfect at that price lol).

Just to warn you guys, DOT approved just means that it won't do harm to your vehicle. Look for 50 state legal.

I had an argument with a fellow locally to me, that worked for a HID retailer/installer. He said that they were street legal. I told him they aren't... His logic is because he got a ticket and then he asked the clerk to present his with the document that says why, clerk couldn't find it, so it was thrown out... rebuttals went back and forth and I presented this.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41131

and this is the actual document.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/interps/files/21118.ztv.html

These are federal standards (50 state).

summaries to the parts that applies; its legal to fit NON-Halogen bulbs into a halogen headlight/housing.

Not in the documents, but under the car manufacturer regulations: HID headlights can be no higher than 4200k.

Just keep this in mind :P

Got my hands on these today:

IMG_1219_sm.jpg

7" round, very nicely made, DOT/SAE approved/rated, robust heat sink, all metal construction on the backside. Wiring is heavy duty, connectors are good quality. Light output seems very good. Current draw should 2.5amp lowbeam, and 4.5amp highbeam for the 12V version. Paid $311.14 each, 10000 hour life. IMHO these have the potential to cause HID's to go extinct... I'll update more after installation and testing. No, they are not for the Z. :(

Edited by Drax240z

Got my hands on these today...

7" round, very nicely made, DOT/SAE approved/rated...

HOOOHAA! Those are saweeet!

Give us more info when you get it. I can't afford those, but I may win the lottery some time... Still it's nice to know what is out there. NICE.

Davy

• 2 months later...