HybridZ

Z31 Turbo Tranny mating with L28ET?

prophetmp

Are you looking at using an early z31 turbo tranny (84'-86') or a later Z31 tranny (87'-89')? If the latter, than you would need a tranny adaptor plate like what's used for the Z32 tranny to L28 swap. search for threads by big-phil...I think he's doing this swap (later Z31 turbo tranny to L28ET).

honestly guys, I'm learning as i work on the car, and I'm just looking for a tranny that will be bulletproof at 400hp all day, the car won't be pumping 400hp to start with, but in the end it will be, so I'm building for it. By the way, this car will be for street duty only, kind of like "hey it's a nice day outside, I think I'll terrorize a couple stangs on my way to work." I might go to the track/strip maybe 4-5 times a year.

I did it and here are my videos. Enjoy.

Yeah I saw your setup phil.....nice....

Yes, I know I should go with the z32 tranny, but since 240hoke stopped making his adaptor, I just didn't really feel like dropping the coin for the adapotor kit from Mckinney motorsports. So I was looking for other solutions. I just have the best timing with getting parts for my build..ugh.:cry2: