HybridZ

tokico illumina parts pic

After breaking the plastic parts for the illumina adjustment I talked to johnc about what I can do.

These parts are replacable. Go to your original retailer and order. If not tokico or another retailer may order a set for you.

After remembering who I bought them from I called and they sent me a full set for my 240z. After remembering back when I bought the full set for my 280zxt I realized I didn't get any indiactor knobs for the rear struts(struts discontinued by tokico) on the zx. My retailer couldn't help me out with those so they referred me to tokico.

Here is the pic with notes.

The broken pieces can be taken out with patience and some kind of pick or probe.

tokicoilluminaparts0012.jpg

I posted this because I saw a couple of posts saying they broke these pieces. So I investigated a little, made a couple of calls and when I got the parts I wanted to post pics to show what they looked like.

I still have to get the old parts out, I may have to drill into the plastic, the pick really isn't working too well. I suppose it doesn't help that I still have the strut in the car, but I'm sure I will get the broken pieces out.

• 2 weeks later...

success, drilled old plastic parts enough to get needle nose pliers, then used comressed air to clean out the rest of the material.

It would be much easier with the strut out of the car, but had no real problems.