HybridZ

Buying Old Z with no Title

DekThaiG35

Guys,

I had my eyes on this 280Z on craiglist and the owner said car had no running title.

What should I do? I'm from Houston, Texas and I know that each state have different law, some states allow you to get new title if the car was certain years old.

I tried to search the forum but no luck, please advice.

-Voravit

With the right documentation I think this would be eligible for a bonded title. IANAL and all that, but be careful.

Titles with no activity (registration, accidents, insurance claims, etc) are archived after a certain period of time. I think it's seven years.

Edit: It would be worthwhile to get the VIN and make a call to your local Vehicle Titles and Registration office before any money changes hands.

With the right documentation I think this would be eligible for a bonded title. IANAL and all that, but be careful.

Titles with no activity (registration, accidents, insurance claims, etc) are archived after a certain period of time. I think it's seven years.

Edit: It would be worthwhile to get the VIN and make a call to your local Vehicle Titles and Registration office before any money changes hands.

This is what i did i had to verify the title was not Stolen lost etc. and then i used their title service to obtain the title.

That is why I kept all the vin plates & titles for all the cars I have scraped over the last few years, lol. I have probably a dozen left for all years s30.

Please don't ever swap those tags over and then sell the car. Been there, bought that, and will kick the seller square in the balls if I ever see him again.

Updated:

I drove to look at the car in Tomball, Texas. After I did walked through, I had decided to hold off on the purchase. The guy wanted 400 dollars for the vehicle, and the engine is running ok but however the body frame had so much rust.

The driver floor and the passenger had a huge whole on it, if actually stomp on it I bet my feet would probably go through.

I will just going to hold off, and look out for new z that has minor rust instead. Thanks for all the help guys.

-Voravit