HybridZ

coolant leak n42/n42 combination

garyneedsz

ok so i bought this junked block that has been sitting for a couple of years. the po said that it ran fine when before he pulled it, no leaks or anything of that matter. i did the usual, machined the head, new gaskets and such. the car is on two stands. when i was underneath my 280, i noticed that there was coolant leaking. it was a stream of coolant running along from the front of the oil pan, to the back.

one other fact. on the l6 motors, there are two nipple like thingies that pop out from the block so the head could match up to it perfectly. i forgot to put those on. so i was wonering if those two nipple things could be the problem.

thanks.

msa thought i was retarded. i was like. im looking for these two parts that go between the head n the block. there all, uhh. a headgasket??

anyways. yes i dont hve those "dowels" in, and i have discovered a leak between the head n block near cylinder one on the passenger side.

i dropped the oil pan a few days ago. there seems to be another leak coming from inside of the timing cover. its dripping also from the passenger side near the bottom.

do you think its the same leak? or different, cause there both at cylinder one.