HybridZ

Uber Cool USAF Supercars

misterZ

Thought I'd share this with everyone. The US Air Force is always looking for ways to boost recruiting so they took on this project w/ Galpin Auto Sports ('Mad Mike' from MTV's Pimp My Ride) to build two amazing supercars from a stock `09 Challenger and Mustang. They stripped both cars down and added modifications to incorporate some of the coolest AF inovative technologies into the cars. There are three 'chapters' (videos) following the progression of modifications to completion and can be viewed here. Enjoy!

I for 1 thought that was awesome! Those cars are amazing. I am a huge fan of Mustangs but that Challenger was SWEET! I especially like the heads up display. Drivng in complete darkness using the thermal imaging would be fun, not to metion a good way to evade the police on those long dark stretches of road. :flamedevi I mean a great way not to disturb your neibors in the middle of the night.

As for wasting tax dollars during a recession... I think it is a very good recruitment tool for the Airforce. They are doing something to get potential reqruits interested. Showing them some of the skills they would have the opportunity to gain by joining. Could get someone interested that never realized the other aspects of the military other then just fighting. Not mention giving them the skills to have a succesful life after the Air Force. Just my opinion, I'm no expert, I could be wrong. :) I'll take one of each, thanks.

I for 1 thought that was awesome! Those cars are amazing. I am a huge fan of Mustangs but that Challenger was SWEET! I especially like the heads up display. Drivng in complete darkness using the thermal imaging would be fun, not to metion a good way to evade the police on those long dark stretches of road. :flamedevi I mean a great way not to disturb your neibors in the middle of the night.

As for wasting tax dollars during a recession... I think it is a very good recruitment tool for the Airforce. They are doing something to get potential reqruits interested. Showing them some of the skills they would have the opportunity to gain by joining. Could get someone interested that never realized the other aspects of the military other then just fighting. Not mention giving them the skills to have a succesful life after the Air Force. Just my opinion, I'm no expert, I could be wrong. :) I'll take one of each, thanks.

You got it. :cool:picture.php?albumid=83&pictureid=889 Here's to hope for a good return! :cheers:

No politics, guy's.

Sorry, my bad.

I wonder if I could get the technology to put that HUD in my Z:). Maybe add in a targeting system to pick out any troopers. It would sure make the 6hr drive from Vegas to Salt Lake a lot more entertaining. :burnout: