Only 55 Million Yen starting bid = $577,500.00!! :eek:

http://tiny.cc/ySYku

Are you ready.......

Can you handle it.......

run_and_bell-img600x450-1232792227mmpcbq55111.jpg

car_d5_005479.jpg

car_d7_005479.jpg

car_d8_005479.jpg

Why do I even look on Yahoo Auction Japan. I need to start playing the lottery..... :(

That's actually a replica.

It was built by 'S & S Engineering' ( Shinichiro Sakurai's company ), what - ten years ago at least now? It's been used for a bit of filming on a few different productions, but most of the time was parked up in the 'Red Park' Prince & Skyline museum.

It's been for sale for a long time.......

That's actually a replica.

It was built by 'S & S Engineering' ( Shinichiro Sakurai's company ), what - ten years ago at least now? It's been used for a bit of filming on a few different productions, but most of the time was parked up in the 'Red Park' Prince & Skyline museum.

It's been for sale for a long time.......

Alan you continue to impress me with how much history and facts you know..!

WoW

Yasin

Damn and I thought Alan would chime in first post. That's what I was hoping for. :)

Well if they want half a million for a "replica" I wonder how much for the real thing if it's to be

had on the market?

Alan, how correct is this statement:

Following the rebuilding of the R380s by Nissan' date=' four cars were once again entered in the Japanese Grand Prix. However, the 906s would be able to overcome the previous year's loss, leaving the R380-IIs to settle for second, third, fourth, and sixth. The margin of victory was nearly two minutes. Nissan would later use an R380-II to set new land speed records, breaking seven records in October of that year.

Following Nissan's development of the newer R381 in 1968, [b']the R380s were sold to privateers[/b]. Three were once again entered in the Japanese Grand Prix, where they took third, fourth, and fifth places. Two factory entered R380s went on to finish first and second in the 1969 Chevron Paradise 6 Hour race at the Surfers Paradise International Raceway in Australia. [1] 1969 saw one R380 taking second place in the 1000km of Fuji race, and yet another second place in 1970 at a 200-mile (320 km) event at Fuji.

In 2005, Nismo would restore an R380-II and use it for exhibition events, running alongside other cars in the R380 series.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_R380

Slownrusty & Montezuma,

Thanks for the compliments, but that particular car could be classed as recent history rather than the in-period history of what it represents. Its build was well documented and publicised, and I got shown around it at the old Prince & Skyline museum. It also got used as a studio prop in the NHK 'Project X' series episode called 'The Last Prince' - which was fairly ironic if you think that it wasn't the real thing........

240ztt,

I don't know where the guy that wrote that Wikipedia page got his information, but as far as I am aware the R380s ( R380-Is ) and R380-IIs were never 'sold off' to privateers. They were retained by Nissan and raced alongside the R381s ( and eventually the R382s ) driven by works drivers and the odd well-connected and experienced part timer.

So no, I don't think any of those cars made it out into private ownership. Some spare parts did ( the odd GR8 engine component that would have been 'rescued' from the junk pile pops up every now and then ), but no complete cars. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Alan T.