HybridZ

Its Official: I own another S30, except this time going LSx...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, the car runs and drives for 2 weeks now and no major problems so far. Cam is alittle lopey, but that's cool because I like that sound. The car is a bit loud for my taste so I might add two Dynomax bullet mufflers under the car in the near future.

The power and torque is available EVERYWHERE. Doesn't matter what RPM or speed, it wants to move.

Traction is a serious issue. I thought I had traction issues with BBZ, this car is straight scary at times. Even if I slowly roll into the throttle it will still blow the tires away up until 50+ mph. This is with 245/50/16 tires btw.

Alright, the car runs and drives for 2 weeks now and no major problems so far. Cam is alittle lopey, but that's cool because I like that sound. The car is a bit loud for my taste so I might add two Dynomax bullet mufflers under the car in the near future.

The power and torque is available EVERYWHERE. Doesn't matter what RPM or speed, it wants to move.

Traction is a serious issue. I thought I had traction issues with BBZ, this car is straight scary at times. Even if I slowly roll into the throttle it will still blow the tires away up until 50+ mph. This is with 245/50/16 tires btw.

Nitto Drag tires in a 17 inch. are keeping me chirping along in first and a couple of chirps in second but still launches hard on the street and does really nice. The only thing that sucks is the handling is not as good in the turns and high speed.

ok do you know what you have to do to get the truck engine to fit under a stock hood what all do you have to do what do you have to swap out

The truck intake and alternator bracket will not clear the stock hood. In order to use the stock, unmodified hood you have to swap to a LS1/LS6 intake and Camaro accessory drive.

That means you'll need a LS1/LS6 intake/fuel rails/injectors, '98-'02 LS1 Camaro alternator brackets/tensioner/idler/water pump/crank pulley, and you'll have to change the injector plugs on your harness since the car injectors are different from the truck injectors.

In other words you'll spend some coin to make the stock hood work with a truck intake setup.

There are lots of stuff like this on LS1Tech.com.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

6 month update....

I installed a MSA II Front Air Dam, AutoMeter Sport-Comp Speedometer and Tachometer, and did the car LS1 Intake (soon replaced with a LS6 intake) using truck alternator and crank pulley. Had to do some cutting of the alternator bracket and removal of the idler pulley altogether the make the intake swap work and I also used a '97 Corvette water pump with the bolted on (not pressed on) pulley so I could space it out .75" to line up with the truck crank pulley, alternator pulley, and truck tensioner.

post-778-12725622844562_thumb.jpg

post-778-12725623128803_thumb.jpg

post-778-12725623330228_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cable

• 4 months later...