HybridZ

New turbo-now boost guage inop?

madkaw

Well I got my reman turbo on and took her for a test spin. I thought with all the things I found wrong with the the last turbo(loose connection at compressor side-WAY LOOSE), the car would feel stronger, but it doesn't. Then I noticed that my guage is not indicating any boost, or much of anything. I have no idea how this is measured-electrically, vaccum, pressure I would think, but how does the guage get its input. I looked all over my schematics and I can't even find it in the wiring. I look at the engine or intake and just scratch my head. Please help out a turbo newby so I can try to figure out what happen to my guage.

There's a little box in the engine bay (I think on the passenger side) that says boost sensor. It has a small pigtail for the wiring and taps into a vacuum line.

It should read zero without the engine running and show full vacuum at idle.

The stock unit isn't all that great anyway. You'd be better off with an aftermarket mechanical vac / boost gage like Skib mentioned.