HybridZ

RB30 Feeler

Careless

Hi guys.

Z31 is costing me too much money and S30 has to go. I want to save my RB30 for any of my future cars, but I'd like to get some wheels and other goodies for the Z31 sometime soon. I don't want to do it, but I gotta grow up with this stuff. I could do another project when I got my own house and a lot more time to just let things sit in the garage. I'm currently living somewhere else and I do have room for it at my father's place, so if the cost threshold isn't met, I will not be selling. But I am entertaining offers. Quentin, I know you're happy in the pants right now for this thread. :burnout:

I'll be selling a heck of a lot of stuff with my RB30... keep in mind, everything is un-used, new condition (except the block), and it's going as a set.

• RB30 Series 2 short block
  • Spool Rods
  • ACL Calico Coated CT1 Race Bearings
  • ARP Bulk Parts main stud kit
  • Factory Water pump (not n1)
  • Romac RB30 Balancer
  • ARP Head Studs for RB26 head (block needs drilling)
  • Most of the bolts associated with the bottom end of the block
  • All dowels, pins, plugs associated with the block (near complete refresh kit, basically)
  • 200ZR Oil Pan, Pickup Tube, and O ring

There may be other things in the box-o-parts. but to be honest it's not taking up a lot of space at my father's place. Its really one Rubbermaid Tote that hasn't moved since light hit the earth.

I am still researching and looking into building the engine, but if a good offer (as a whole) is made, I will consider it.

Keep in mind, I'm not looking for lowballers, and would appreciate a local sale much more than one where I have to ship. Reason being that I do not have the time nor the space/money that isn't going into the z31 to build you a pallet and set up a ship date, and I also have no car.

I also have other parts like a Japanese made Lightweight flywheel (non SFI, but nice chromoly).

If you have a friend from these boards that can see it locally or pick it up for you with cash in hand, we'll talk.

JUST A FEELER for now guys. I got a lot of deciding to do once the Z31 gets running (which should be sometime near end of July if all goes well).

I also have the following to add to the list, but I'm wondering if it makes sense to sell together or separate:

• RB26 Head (needs combustion chamber work, some detonation marks... but otherwise ok!)
  • Two stock cams with stock Timing Gears
  • Two HKS cams with original old style HKS Adj. Timing Gears
  • RB26 ITB intake (needs cleaning and some small parts, but it's there.
  • and possibly some other un mentioned stuff....

I think there putting something in that Toronto water ! Sorry to hear about the RB project, maybe you'll have to switch to building a monster VG engine? Any how hope it works out for you man.

Chris

LOL everything is paid for , and it's not on credit for the RB30, so it's classified as "paid". and whether I keep it or not makes no change, it will just help me finish the z31 faster.

I may still keep it, as I'm finding people aren't interested in the RB26 head or whatever because it needs some chamber work, and the last fully assembled head that Racinjitter picked up was about the price of two junkyard L heads.

kinda makes doing this seem pointless... I know quentin doesn't want the rest of the stuff... just the rods, and shortblock, and he'll have to get his own pistons made as the CP's in his RB26 might not work.

Not sure what to do with the rest of the stuff in that case.

Someone could buy an RB26 for the same price and be on their way with a reasonable 500hp... so I'm not even sure if this makes sense to me!

A block doesn't take up that much space!

Looks like a For Sale ad to me....

no one would look for this in the sale section, so I posted it in the RB section where I know it will get offers.

if you would like to move it, feel free.

Apologies.

Raff

Hey careless you still gonna launch your RB30 site? I know its not related but Ive always seen it in your sig and cross my fingers everytime I click it haha Think long and hard before you sell your RB30 set up, I wish I had one laying around :P

Hey careless you still gonna launch your RB30 site? I know its not related but Ive always seen it in your sig and cross my fingers everytime I click it haha Think long and hard before you sell your RB30 set up, I wish I had one laying around :P

It's funny you mention this.

I had the back-end working with the blog architecture all set up. Even had some ready to go VG33 updates (as a teaser) with images and whatnot of my new pistons.

Had a design I did at lunch time at work, that I thought was SUPER intuitive and had a huge parts tree breakdown list that was awesome (but not coded yet). Then my web-host did a roll-back on the server for some weird F'ing reason and they said that I needed to pay $100 for data recovery and it wasn't guaranteed. A roll-back on a server deletes any later updates that came after the date they rolled back to, and data recovery always gets you data from BEFORE the date you're trying to be on. So I said "F" it. I have had a rough month and a death in the family and some other stupid ♥♥♥♥ going on lately. Makes me want to sell the Z31, but I can't even if I wanted to. LOL

I might as well just get the z31 running and deal with the stuff later. It really only took me like 3 hours to get the database working and everything set up. I've been compiling data on various computers for about a year now, slowly copying and pasting texts and quotes from people who know the know.... I do it when I'm at my father's house mostly though.

Maybe it all happened for a reason :( ?

For now I think I can swing keeping her. (RB30)

But in a few months we'll see what must be done.

Now that I know there's interest I'll keep the sale in consideration when I figure out what's going on.

As for what made me want to continue an ITB project in the future...

• 2 weeks later...

RB30 Bearings will not fit the RB25. the crank pin diameter is different. Rod is same.

Either way... I have to see how my VG33 build goes. Should be done in T-minus 2.5 weeks and driving if all goes well this week at the machinist...

Then we'll see what I have room for and what I don't.