HybridZ

Hi to all the Z owners...I've just bought a Z today.

Ive been around for a few months now, taking notes and researching through tons of info on the Zs, I havent got the chance to say hi but since I just bought a Z I thought I'd "officially " say hi to all the Z owners out there.

Not really sure how I got the Z bug but I find the s30 very attractive, even more than my MR2 Spyder :redface: After having searching for 6 months I found the cleanest Z with almost no rust...tinny bubbles around the window areas but perfect everywhere else.

Here are some specs of the car.

Datsun 260Z 2+2

Man 5 speed

L2.8 engine conversion.

SU carbies

Already put down a deposit, she should be home in about 12 hrs. There is one minor thing which Im still confused abt, the guy just put in a new alternator and apparently all the interior lights went out, Im not sure if this is a fuse problem or globes or burnt wires but nothing too serious I hope. Anyways I'll have the pics up once I got her home..ooH and shes white.:mrgreen:

Im so excited!

Cheers

Aaron

Thanks guys and here are the pics...

DSC06021.JPGDSC06022.JPGDSC06023.JPG

DSC06024.JPGDSC06026.JPG

Some FeOs....nothing major but they're there.

DSC06042.JPGDSC06044.JPGDSC06042.JPGDSC06044.JPGDSC06047.JPG

DSC06048.JPGDSC06049.JPG

The original carpets are still on..I think. Is that a footrest?

DSC06046.JPGDSC06047.JPG

DSC06046.JPGDSC06045.JPG

I have a few questions, please help me if you have the time.

What is this lever and two wires for and the hole from the firewall i guessing thats for a/c system?

DSC06031.JPGDSC06033.JPGDSC06031.JPGDSC06033.JPGDSC06039.JPG

The engine bay's light hooked up the bonnet switch by any chance, cos its not lighting up and the switch is pretty rusted.

DSC06036.JPGDSC06038.JPGDSC06036.JPGDSC06038.JPG

Im not sure how he fried the electrical system in the car by installing a new alternator but the clock, volt meter and blower dont work and the entire interrior lighting dont work. I managed to fix the blower but the clock got stung pretty bad.

DSC06050.JPGDSC06050.JPGDSC06050.JPGDSC06051.JPG

Does anyone know the values of these two resistors? I can probably take them out and solder two new ones in.

As for the Vol meter, I guessing its long gone..took it out and connected to the battery but it didnt register any voltage.:icon55:

I figured out the lever is for choke.The hole in the firewall was for the original choke cables but the previous owner decided to use a different route, dont know why he didnt connect it to the lever.

Two wires is for the motor washer...again I dont know why its not connected...and apparently there should switch at the end of the engine light but it broke off. :(

Im still stump about the bonnet switch, what does it do?

Yeah, it looks pretty sweet, RHD n all. You need to really tackle the interior rust though, cuz it can get bad real quick. Look up sealing the cowel, it's where 90% of the water gets in. Yeah that bar is a foot rest. Pretty nice, What'd you pay for it if I may ask? not that I know where Oz is... I just know you're not in Kansas...

Phar

Im stripping the interior and applying 3 steps POR-15. I got her for 4k, the Zs arent cheap here in Australia. But given the condition that shes in Im pretty happy with the purchase.

Oz=Australia :)

ahh okay, cool. yeah before you hit it with the Por 15, you might tap on the rust a but with a hammer and a screwdriver. It looks pretty solid, but ya never know. once it's cleaned up you should be in great shape. it really does look like an awesome find.

I meant it about the cowel area, open that up and seal it well. that will help a lot in prevention, maybe even coat the area in por15 too if you have enough.

Phar