HybridZ

RB26 Head opinions needed: 6-700whp

TurboSE

The block is nearly done, 8.5:1 CP pistons and Eagle rods...now it's time to look up top.

A little background and perspective on the car:

I want it to be streetable (not a daily driver). But it'll mostly see pleasure driving and strip time. My goal is 600whp+.

What kind of head work and mods do I need? Cams, obviously...valves?

What would you do?

Be brand and part# specific if you like...I'm not afraid to spend good money for good parts.

Thanks in advance!

Some tomei type A's would give you a good gain over stock, but if you go bigger than the 9.5 lift they have (I think the b and up is 10.15?) you'll need to have the buckets machined.

600-700rwhp on a stock head is easy work......been doing it for years

I dont know why i said buckets........i meant the head needed to be machined for lobe clearances

sorry didn't mean to correct you. lol

I was actually wondering if there was more to the procedure, as it seems as though the cam would be rubbing on the edge of the lifter bucket when you look at it, but i guess it all depends on the lobe ramp of the camshaft... larry @ endyne says the tomei ones they've tested, and they are the best design.

check out cheftrd's RB build stickey at the top of this forum. He's going to roughly the same application and power level and is pretty much going step by step on what he's doing to get his 26 that way.

check out cheftrd's RB build stickey at the top of this forum. He's going to roughly the same application and power level and is pretty much going step by step on what he's doing to get his 26 that way.

Thanks, don't know how I missed that!