HybridZ

l26 ecu?

hey guys,

i was pulling the wiring loom on my cedric/260c after a megasquirt install. the PO was running a 280zx FI manifold etc on a tapped e88 head, the engine number and block stamp matches the stock l26.

my question is, the ecu i pulled out of the car looks to me like the standard 280zx ecu, it is a jecs part etc... it looks to me like the AFM may have been modified...

i've not heard of putting a l28 ecu on a l26, does anyone have any experience with this?

cheers.

It would make sense, the AFM has to be changed to deal with the 200cc's less displacement the ECU will be controlling and if he put all the other ZX bits on it, it's really just controlling the same motor. But you shouldn't need an AFM for megasquirt?

It would make sense, the AFM has to be changed to deal with the 200cc's less displacement the ECU will be controlling and if he put all the other ZX bits on it, it's really just controlling the same motor. But you shouldn't need an AFM for megasquirt?

oh yes, of course not, i'm just curious is all :)

ahhh... sweet... i'll look that up when i get home and have the part in hand :D